This is a “first look” at Modern Robotics Inc.’s Fusion Robot, and while it has less detail than our usual “Absolute Beginners” courses, we aim to include sufficient detail to enable use by a home-study parent/child combination, or within a class by a class-teacher who has limited technical experience. For this audience, we emphasize detailed “how-to” videos, and minimize “talking-head” presentations. We introduce new concepts only when they are needed to continue using our Fusion Robot.
What does this course cover?
- This introductory course does cover the start of the use of Blockly with the Fusion Robot Base Kit. We also check out some sensors that are available for use with Fusion, but which are not included in the Basic Fusion Base Kit; these tutorials are labeled “Extras”.
- This course does not cover either the complete use of Blockly, or the use of Python which is the alternative computer language that can be used with Fusion. We are currently preparing a DrGrae.me Python course for Fusion, but it is not yet (September 2018) complete.
What should you do next?
- If you are a student interested in building your Fusion Robot, click here to start!
- If you are a teacher or mentor interested in a semi-technical summary of your Fusion Robot’s features, turn to the “Fusion Robot- Introduction” by clicking here.
- If you have a Spartan Robot and wish to change to a Fusion controller, click here.
Now click on the “Unpacking Fusion’s Mailing Box.” link below to take a look at what is in our Fusion mailing box…